Tags: Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Keto, Paleo, Vegan, Vegetarian
- 1 avocado
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves (finely chopped)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-2 tablespoon lime juice
- salt and pepper (to your liking)
- Remove basil leaves from stem and wash thoroughly.
- Peel garlic, discard peel and mince finely and set aside.
- Peel avocado and cut into four pieces and set aside.
- In a food processor add avocado, basil leaves, lime juice, garlic, salt and pepper and blend until basil leaves have been chopped to your liking. Use a spatula to scrape the sides of the food processor.
- Add olive oil at the end and mix all ingredients by hand. The chemistry of olive oil changes when it is emulsified in a food processor; which then may give food a bitter taste.
- Enjoy this pesto with pasta, crackers, or as a sandwich spread. On pasta I like to top it off with sun dried tomatoes and red chili flakes.