Are your mornings pretty busy to prepare breakfast everyday? If so, this frittata can be prepared the night before, baked in the morning and have left overs for the rest of the week . The eggs and bacon are a good source of protein, and omega-6. The flexibility of adding any type of vegetables makes it easy to get your fiber. The combination of protein and fiber will help keep you fuller longer. I also added turmeric because for the anti-inflammatory properties. I like to eat my frittata with a side of sauerkraut and avocado.Tags: Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Paleo
- 6-12 slices nitrate-free bacon
- 8 large eggs
- ¼ cup coconut cream
- ½ cup onions (chopped)
- 1 cup green leafy vegetables (spinach, kale or collard greens)
- 1 cup meaty vegetables (mushrooms, bell pepper or zuccchini)
- 1 tablespoon turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon red chili flakes
- Place bacon slices in a 9 inch pie dish (creating a bacon crust) and bake for 10 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- When bacon is cooked pull it out of the oven and allow it to cool.
- Place all produce, coconut milk and spices in food processor. Add eggs and pulse a few times until all ingredients are mixed (chunky, not blended).
- Pour mixture in to pie dish with bacon crust.
- Lower the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and bake for 30-40 minutes.
- Check that it is thoroughly cooked by inserting a fork in the center. If it comes out clean, remove from oven and let cool.